Saturday, August 22, 2009

Brotherly (and sisterly) love

I have had such a lovely weekend with the kids and it seems as though every now and again they do get on really well.


Friday evening I managed to keep them both occupied with play-doh while I was making supper. They were playing so happily I decided to take a few photos and "capture the moment" as it doesn't come along too often. This picture of contentment lasted for exactly another 30 seconds after I had taken this photo, when Larissa decided to climb across the counter to see what I was up to. It all unfortunately ended up with the play-doh being packed away and Barney being put on.. AGAIN. Supper was great though!!


This morning Dylan decided to make a fort with my cushions (I absolutely hate my cushions being played with on the floor - but since they are all covered in little banana hand prints anyway I was prepared to make an exception today and let them have a little fun - particularly since they were playing NICELY for a change.. VIVA washable couch covers!!!) Anyway, I discovered Dylan, Larissa, the Baby, Leppie Bunny and Warren (the giant teddy) all in the fort. They played like this for ages... I couldn't believe my luck. Larissa, by the bye, is pulling a funny face in anticipation of the flash going off, Dylan is pulling a funny face because he is five and that is what he does!!

Later this morning we went to the Secret Garden for brunch with Esme and Caitlin. Dylan and Larissa spent ages in this little boat rocking together singing "Row, row, row your boat" Dylan told me later that he had actually made up a lullaby for Larissa and was singing it for her, but he had forgotten it now. So sweet...

3 comments:

  1. Maybe that's why Carol called it "Brotherly (and sisterly) love" ;-) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog Carol - looks as if you're doing an amazing job! Raoul used to make a lot of compost and it naturally became full of earthworms and other goggas. How does your system work?

    ReplyDelete