Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Worm Composter!!

For the past week or so, Johan has been researching worm composters. Since they are not that complicated to make, we decided to make our own. Dylan has been in seventh heaven since hearing that we will have a REAL worm farm!!

I was giving the arduous job of drilling holes into the containers we got. A job I was quite happy to do considering the alternative was hunting for earthworms in the compost heap. I suspect that my right arm is going to be rather sore tomorrow after drilling and de-burring 150 holes!

Larissa was kept occupied (away from the noise of the drill) on the swing. Dylan occasionally pushed her... and when she started to moan because she wasn't going anywhere, Dylan would give her another shove.


Johan and Dylan had "that other job" . At this stage they had found 22. Just another 978 to go.... Okay, so he decided to stop at 50 and we will buy another 1000 online.


...and after all that hard work of earthworm hunting, the boys chill on the couch. It's hard work being a farmer!!


I must just add that Dylan has asked me at least 3 times this evening if he can go and visit his worms.. the next thing I know, he'll be giving them all names!

No comments:

Post a Comment